• You or your dependants may be entitled to a lump sum payment from the government under the Pneumoconiosis etc. (Workers’ Compensation) Act 1979 or the 2008 Diffuse Mesothelioma Scheme;
  • If you develop mesothelioma as a result of coming into contact with asbestos whilst in paid employment, you may be entitled to Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (even if you are now retired);
  • If you were exposed to asbestos whilst you were serving in the Armed Forces, rather than in other employment, you can make a claim for a War Disablement Pension from the Veterans Agency;
  • If you need help with personal care or travel, there are other benefits available, such as Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payment, Attendance Allowance and Carer's Allowance; 
  • It is also worth looking into the possibility of a blue badge to help with parking.

We are here for you

Contact Us